I know this blog is about our family adventure....but I would like to introduce you to a good friend of our family.
Doug Mylie and I met as board members for AAMAC. Doug was a board member in Alberta. When we first met at an AAMAC conference in Toronto we hit it off right away....might have something to do with our police history.
Even after we both stepped down from AAMAC we maintained contact. We would email...face book and text back and forth.
What makes Doug stand out is when Karlee went in the hospital for her second transplant I received a text...."I'm here for you brother". Doug never missed a day in 6 months....each day I would receive a message of encouragement. Doug travels for a living all around Canada and the United States.....It did not mater were he was.... his first thoughts were about Karlee and the family.
Doug and his fiancée, Tracey drove 4 hours to meet with us in Jasper. Leah and I were picking up some last minute groceries when I received a text photo...a Kokanee beer in the trailer. Seems Tyler, Karlee and Doug and Tracey hit it off right away...just as we did.
Tracey taught K.J. how to hang a spoon....lol
We enjoyed a nice BBQ dinner and one rummer........well O.K....two.....more......Tyler entertained as we sat around the fireplace into the early morning.
We crashed and hit Jasper for a late breakfast.....
It was time for us to move west.... hugs for everyone and off we went...as the Mylie's returned East.
Doug, you are a classy guy my friend.


No comments:
Post a Comment