Finally...WiFi, (Sioux City South Dakota)
Tuesday the 23rd of July 2013,
we are camping in Sioux City, South Dakota....this after a full day of driving. So here is an interesting fact. I said Sioux City is in Iowa....but we are in North Sioux City South Dakota....there is also a South Sioux City in Nebraska. When we looked at the map...all three states intersect here...
We left this morning after a pancake KOA breakfast in Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota.....
getting to Mt Rushmore....
When we left Big Timber we continued driving through Montana....Montana is an interesting state....and long. Montana has the Rockies...or the American version and it seemed we hit a couple of versions...we love the mountains...one can chat about this turn...that hill...the river. I did have to laugh at one point...we were a quite a high elevation and when we turned the corner...two to three hundred wind turbines...and big ones. LOL...everyone knows my theory on these devices.....and this time I was right again. 33 degrees Celsius and not one turning....we had a long chuckle.
Montana continued for hours...but the landscape changed big time as well....from those huge mountains to large rolling hills...the ride was less tense and the truck enjoyed the break.
We drove through Wyoming...Wyoming was like Idaho....blink and it is gone.
We did stop in Sheridan, Wyoming... one thing we did not want to miss was the welcome centre...we found that if you stop at the state visitor centres you get all current maps and camping information...it is better than flying off of the seat of your pants....I should know.
It was HOT...when we stop I usually do a walk around the rig...I look down at the drivers side rear tire of the trailer and it is shinning....one of my biggest fears....and here it is....lucky nothing major happened while out in the wilderness....I picked up a big screw embedded right in the middle of the tire.
It was a Saturday and the woman at the welcome centre said we might be out of luck....most places are closed. As luck would have it...one place was open. I was told...two to three hours...the wait was worth it. We enjoyed a nutritional lunch at Wendy's...(sarcasm)...then Leah, Tyler and Kj went to the local Walmart....three hours later...tire plugged...fresh groceries and off we were.
As we lost several hours we decided to stop in Buffalo, Wyoming.....The Indian Campground had a pool...and we needed a break from the heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment