Wednesday, 24 July 2013

I have a guy...

I love this line....our good friend Deb Anderson....laughs out loud when I say..."I have a guy"

On our adventure I have had one issue....a concern. On the back of the trailer we had the dealership weld a trailer receiver....we have a four bike rack.

This rack has some movement in it...but when one watches the rack on the rear camera there is a lot of movement...the four bikes rock and roll.

I was able to find a brace which when tightened held the system tight....well in theory...

As we travelled through Ontario I monitored the "rack"...all seemed well until we hit Manitoba....the unit bent...too much weight.



I spent nervous hours monitoring the "rack"...Papa suggested we strap the bike which we did...it helped reduce the movement....but I was still nervous.

In Vancouver I mentioned my concerns to Mike....LMAO...he said "I have a guy"...

One phone call later... Mike's buddy Jason dropped into the campground while we were out sight seeing and measured what I needed...the next day he showed up with a manufactured master piece....



here we are in South Dakota....and the rack hasn't moved one inch.

When Jason delivered his bracket he took the old bent one and said he would fix it as a substitute...lol...we dropped off an even better ...stronger bracket than the one I am using....

To Jason...and Mike....Thanks....we needed "a Guy"

No comments:

Post a Comment