We are safe and sound set up in Anicinabe Park in downtown Kenora, Ontario.
Today was a day with a little excitement.
HAPPY CANADA DAY
We left the Thunder Bay KOA at 730Am.....it only takes about 15 minutes to take down the "condo".... We decided to take in a quick Tim Hortons....then motor.
I gave two Thunder Bay police officers Orangeville Police shoulder patches...they were having a Tim's break. Not even a thank you or how's things...nothing. (Make note to self.... Be a little friendlier to public when in Tim's)
So off we go....Nana and Papa and I are shooting the breeze as we cruise along Hwy 17 west..... We pass the Thunder Bay airport....looks like a mini terminal 3 at YYZ.
I'm enjoying the drive....but something is different. I cannot figure it out....yet.
The road is pretty quiet....but it is Monday...Canada Day.... But no transport trucks...
About an hour and a half later the signs say's it all....
Welcome to the United States......Minnesota.
We stop at customs....I run in and ID myself saying....boy do I feel stupid...we left Thunder Bay this morning....heading to Vancouver....and somehow we end up here....
We missed 17 west at the airport...down Hwy 61 toward Deluth Minnesota....minor two hour detour....I turned on the GPS for the rest of the trip.
Northern Canada is incredibly beautiful. We have had three days of clear sky's and clear sailing. There has been very little traffic. ATONOFUN cruises comfortably at around 110 km/hr.
We have seen two black bears....the one today was walking toward our lane...we could see him from about half a kilometre away..... As I slowed down he saw us from about 200 feet and turned around back into the bush. I put him at about 150-200 lbs. A good looking animal.
The bear we saw the day before...eating berries 35 feet from the HWY...could not have cared as we zoomed by.
We must have passed a thousand "moose" signs so far....Just one dead baby moose on the side of the road....sad sight.
Deer...we won't go there...all the signs say night time danger...that's why we travel during the day.
One nasty transport truck accident...we won't go there..... Kids were sleeping.
It has been an enjoyable trip so far....Papa and I enjoy many conversations...then a couple of relaxing moments and then back to a conversation. Tyler and Karlee and Nana Jo take up the back seat...Ty sleeps most of the time. Nana....well she does it all....looking after all of us. A great travel team...just missing Leah....four more days sweetheart.
I was thinking of my brother today when he said....it is difficult to describe what you are seeing....you just take it in.
No comments:
Post a Comment